Countless marketing variables affect the success or failure of strategy implementation efforts. Some strategic marketing issues or decisions are as follows:
- How to make advertisements more interactive to be more effective
- How to take advantage of Facebook and Twitter conservations about the company and industry
- To use exclusive dealerships or multiple channels of distribution
- To use heavy, light, or no TV advertising versus online advertising
- To limit (or not) the share of business done with a single customer
- To be a price leader or a price follower
- To offer a complete or limited warranty
- To reward salespeople based on straight salary, commission, or a combination salary and commission
Three marketing activities especially important in strategy implementation are listed below and then discussed:
- Engage customers in social media.
- Segment markets effectively.
- Develop and use product-positioning/perceptual maps.
Source: David Fred, David Forest (2016), Strategic Management: A Competitive Advantage Approach, Concepts and Cases, Pearson (16th Edition).